Voices in the Exam hall



Exam hall is not a silent place, ironically. Some are real and some are hallucinatory. I intend to capture the mind voices inside an exam hall, here in my own imagination., as I was blessed to be invigilator on a valentine’s day.

The following are mind voices of the students at various stages of the exam.

Immediately after entering the hall..

“..Dear God, you have been kind enough to me, in all the previous papers. So I took advantage of your kindness and came unprepared, hoping that you would help me, as always. You, omnipresent God, present everywhere, in the Pillar, in the Wall, in the pen, in the paper, in my friend sitting next to me,  even in the invigilator, just don't desert me in desperate times!..”  - The Optimist 

“..all the previous exams have been tough; So I don't expect me to clear it through this year. So I don't believe a prayer would get me through. But still, just for the sake of my stupid customary beliefs, I am praying and hoping the paper shall be easy..” - The Pessimist

“..today is Valentine’s day and look at my fate..to sit here patiently and wait for the clock to run down three precious hours..what a tragedy..what a waste of time..How can we spend the evening? Roche park? Hyper-market? Aadvarks?and dreaming mode on..” - The Realist

On seeing the Question paper..

..I should have never doubted my intuition.. look what questions have come - just all the ones I left unread..sighs..ok lets check on my friends..What? Same empty look..this is gonna be a disaster..” - The Doubter

“..Sees the paper and the face brightens up..Types in key words to search his memory..Searching…still searching.. Sorry no search results found in the database. Wtf.. I studied just before I entered the hall.. Sorry your data might have been corrupted.. Kindly protect your data by backing up for a long time, the next time.. Your Inconvenience is deeply regretted..“ - The data analyst

“..Ok. Let’s try hypnosis.. Lets roll back our ages and try to learn something from the past.. Now I am 19 year old. I am studying pathology. Do I have anything relevant to this question.. No.. Also you should know how you cleared your second year..Ok let’s try one year back still… Anatomy. Physiology. Blank!..” - The Time traveller

“..I can’t even understand the question.. how and what am I gonna write ?..Ok.. Will this invigilator help me? Is he student friendly? No. How can he be? He is so strict in the classes and the wards. No wonder, we are screwed. Wait.. Look at this. He’s talking to other students.. okay..here comes our ray of hope..lets try to make eye contact with him..Omg. Look at our fate. On a fine day, like this, coincidentally a Valentine’s Day, I m writing an exam and trying to read the face of my examiner rather than my lover… sighs..this is why I should never have opted for this course..sighs again…” - The clueless



“..Soon after I finish this exam and become a doctor, I shall upgrade myself through ages and degrees and ranks..one fine day, when I end up as the controller of examinations, I shall pledge myself not to hold any exams on Valentine’s Day .. yes, I am serious, not kidding!!” - The Ambitious 

“..Oh, No..with all these theory exams over now, I have no pretty reason to continue with this long grown beard..why is that, they don't allow this beard in practical exams?.. hmmm crazy people.. Now I have to shave this all? Even, I can’t see my face like that bald with no beard.. ”- The lazy Beard lover

“..Okay..the paper seems to be pretty cool..I think I should clear without any difficulty..I also seem to have a lot of time..hmmm..Let’s see how my crush is writing.. Wow(blushes).. shortly after, the chief examiner announces, “LAST 15 M NUTES, tie your paper and write” HOLY CRAp..What have I done..The Dreamer


I should try my hand at script writing or creative writing, if at all I fail in this exam and profession..I can feel so proud of myself for having written this exam with absolutely no knowledge..many many congratulations..” - The Story Writer

And finally my mind voice,Lets go to the bank straight and deposit this huge money of Rs.75, given as the special invigilation fees, for a painstakingly three hours invigilation..after all you don’t get to earn this much everyday..God, I am so lucky..” - Sarcasm intended.

Comments

Dig into the past

Fly with me...

Just Hate This!

Pricking the Porcupine

Inebriated

The Perfect SPLASH!

Life in a Medico's Shoes