Unreal Identity

PLEASE READ WITH PATIENCE !!
I woke up today pretty early around 8 AM(yeah!! its early for me) due to the peristaltic activity of my intestine(thats the best alarm that works on me!!).I finished brushing and left my torso in a semi inclined position in which I used to browse the channels of the small lovable idiot box. And I revolved one complete 360 degree revolution of channels through the device held in my hand. I stumbled upon the OPRAH show in STAR WORLD and there was a curious strange guest enlightening(really not enlightening!!crying her sorrows out!!) the show. Her name was Jenny Burton aged just 28 but she had already undergone 26 plastic surgeries !! Some 2 on her eyelids , 3 on her nose(it seems first she wanted a nose like Michael Jackson, then like Jennifer Lopez and then someone else) , 2 on her lips , 5 on her breasts , liposuction on her tummy , arms and many more which I don't remember now. She said it has become an addiction now and obsessed with it!! Who knows , she might go on further too!!

During the course of the show , it was said "we as a nation(denotes the USA) have become like this " ie they have become hyper conscious about their looks !! I don't know how mature I am to deal with this subject(I have already dealt with it in my blog @ LOOKS _ AN IMMATURE VIEW) but I love to explore the unknown .So let me explore it . Friends I am an amateur and immature .So please forgive me , if there are any hard words....

Now starting again with looks, everyone might wanna look better or the best(for some), but strangely one of my friend said that she doesn't want to be looked better...I don't know why .. leave it for now ... The reason we wanna look better or the best is that we as a human being have a consciousness which directs our mind to some basic commands .. for example ..the beautiful has always been associated with love and likeness .. while the ugly has mostly been associated with certainly not love and a kind of hatred (not that severe but a mild one).so most of us would match the following like the way I have done...(pls forgive me once again if my words were harsh!!)
Love - Beautiful
Hatred - Ugly

So we get attracted to the beautiful and deflected to the ugly. I know beautiful and ugly are relative terms and vary with human to human and species to species.But to acquire the beauty , you need not go against the GOD'S law and I will say you should not.Every face is a result of ur Mom n Dad and their heredity .They run through generations and you simply alter the genes of ur family. Of course plastic surgeries can be utilized for those who are disfigured by natural disasters , burns , accidents etc to bring back their lost originality . This reminds me of Frank Ribery , a French International football winger who has a scar running down his face due to an accident I suppose and he still owns the scar bcoz he refused to get operated for he said "it was GOD'S mark on me and I would carry it along!" So there are Jenny Burtons and Frank Riberys !! Extreme poles!!

And coming back to Jenny Burton , she was sobbing through the show .In my view she looked a lot lot better when she was original but she destroyed it .And we all know about Pop king Michael Jackson ,Jenifer Aniston , Jenifer Lopez everyone had undergone a number of surgeries to get that structure ,even greater than the number undergone by Jenny Burton!!They all do it for a living ; that has become their profession .. I don't justify their surgeries by saying this ..(I m really confused!! Help !!)For they never had undergone surgeries , we might not have loved them or liked them or whatever be .. Those surgeries might have opened the gate for their living .. Nobody is to blame .. Different people - Different views !!
But in INDIA we need not worry about this for now bcoz most of the population still lies below the poverty line and they will need money first to fill their gut then at last their face.

But one thing which should not be, has been certified ..
BEAUTY IS JUST SKIN DEEP !!
GOD SAVE THE WORLD!!

Originality is a gift from GOD which everyone possess on the account of their birth and should lie beside them in their grave when they die ..One who loses it loses the spirit of life ..


Comments

you are right. i wonder how they feel after losing their originality and how incomplete it would feel to know all the time that it's fake,after all. we attach too much importance to looks.gotta stop
Impressionist said…
hey thanx for the visit!
Lovely post!!
loved the last 3 lines esp!!
keep writin!
i've linked ur blog :P

Peace & Love
JeeVY
N@nc! said…
i agree with you too, well i acept the cirurgery but not like that girl, that become an obecession, and its horrible!
sincerelly i dont like my nose very much, but i dont need to make a cirurugery for that, and im ok like i am.
everyting that is in excess is bad.
nice article.
bornfortheu.s.a said…
i sometimes feel that i wish i cud change a few things in my physical appearance bt then i realise that i am special in the eyes of God....he loves me not for my looks but for who i am!! we,as humans should realise that looks are not everything....God loves every person equally...
Ashar said…
Hm! I would like to alter that equation a bit, though it can never be foolproof, there are going to be a million exceptions and different perspective.

Love- Beautiful
Indifference- Ugly

You know, the opposite of love is indifference. Even when you hate someone you are giving them a lot fo attention, and are severely objecting to something in them, hence there is a possiblity of you wanting to accept them..as it does matter to you!

Gosh sorry for taking this on a completing different plane..but just had to clarify this! Indifference is the cruelest

Dig into the past

In our Own selves....

Fly with me...

Do these count??

The Best, but Why?

The Divine Drive..

Inebriated