CLASSIFIED



We all yearn for a sense of belonging, so that we could fit in snugly and cozily, in a world of rudimentary misfits.  And that’s where our search for something or someone meaningful starts. Our venture into the unexplored universe becomes an adventure, sooner or later, depending on our luck, fate and destiny. Sometimes, we seek the hidden meaning and at other times, the meaning tries to seek us. And we get lost in this maze of unending speculations and prolonged probabilities and clumsy conundrums. And we tend to label that maze as life simply because we can never define life.

We all love to be understood. We try to understand others to be loved. But all are not lucky as the selected few. Because people are “classified” on various types and indices. 

I have to bring in this quote by Carl Jung to drag this topic to where I want to.

This has become my latest obsession since few weeks and I can’t just let it go. After a serious of attempts to understand myself better through various aids, such as sun signs, horoscopes, vedic astrology, psychology, this recent tool seems to be a better bet. So I might cling on to this for some more time now.

Few days back I came across this free personality test by https://www.16personalities.com/ sent by a friend, who wanted to know my personality type. After running through 60 questions patiently, I found my type as INFJ-T ( ADVOCATE). I had no idea what the letters in INFJ stood for. I thought it was just another waste of the time questionnaire, meant purely for traffic and their business gimmicks. 

Later as I researched about these, I kept on reading my profile for pages in awe. It clicked so easily with me that I kept on sharing it to my friends to take this amazing test. 

Click here https://www.16personalities.com/articles/our-theory to know the framework on which this test is based on to classify the whole population into 16 personalities. 

In the 1920s, Carl Jung’s theory was noticed by Katharine Cook Briggs, who later co- authored one of the most popular personality indicators used today, the Myers- Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®). Using the below spectrum of types in various combinations, you end up in one of the 16 personalities. 





All the above pictures are screenshots from the same website. If you are intrigued enough, go in and explore for yourselves.

So the reason, I wanted to make a post out of this is simply because, I have never found an amazing personality test like this. I found it so true to the core. I don't know how they perfected this classification, so accurately. Reading it was like a revelation; A life changer; All my life, I have gone in search of a deeper meaning; in search of peace and harmony; And being classified as INFJ just justified my existence. No wonder, I have felt lonely and misunderstood behind this crust. As INFJs are the rarest of the 16 personalities constituting just 1% of the whole population, meeting a fellow INFJ could just turn out to be a miracle for some.


(if you really need to know)

Sometimes, I have wondered, "if I watch myself from out of my body, I would be equally confused as you are!!" "then how could someone else not be puzzled??"
And this classification just proves everything is right. 

As children solving a mathematical problem, we always found an unknown joy in equating the left handed side to the right handed side. And we felt a little proud of ourselves too for our meagre achievement. This is exactly akin to that. There is bliss in uncovering the reason behind your crazy behaviors and weirdness; Because you don't have a compulsion to hide them underneath your mask, anymore. You can let it go and feel confident of yourselves. Its like liberating yourself.

Comments

Dig into the past

Fly with me...

Just Hate This!

Pricking the Porcupine

Inebriated

The Perfect SPLASH!

Life in a Medico's Shoes