I am a Surgeon..

Life has taken turns and twists, at will, at its own perilous risk. And I, merely, have been a witness to whatever happened right before my eyes and aside and wide. 

It has killed a physician in its womb.
It has nurtured a surgeon as its twin .
It has endangered the lives of a million.
It has altered the history of mankind.

For, 
It has given a scalpel to a parkinsonian hand.
It has masked an already masked face.
Above all,
It has proclaimed me as a surgeon!


Because I, Dr. A. Jeya Anand, will become a surgeon in less than two and half years from now on and will start increasing the tail of degrees behind my name and  . I will be a product of Madurai Medical College or Government Rajaji Hospital, Madurai, to be more apt, for I spend all my time there at the hospital,
Trying to elicit history from the inebriated minds of the drunkards who will be diagnosed as perforative peritonitis  and their bowel plastered with omentum just like the jeans patchwork; 
Trying to design roads and bridges on a diabetic foot with the freedom of my scalpel, mercilessly 
and grafting and suturing those torn, lacerated, avulsed, abraded, shattered, incised wounds, mercifully; 
Trying to discover hidden feces from an ill fated anal canal; 
Trying to monitor the flow of flatus from a peristaltic tailored bowel; 
Trying to literate the illiterate patients and ending up on their side, the illiterate side;
 Trying to save the patient's lives and ending up as so-called murderers, unwittingly; 
Trying not to save some and turning out to be their Messiah, absurdly;
Trying to treat a case sheet rather than the case in the first place;


Everything happens here in a Government Hospital, in India. Truly impossible things. 

You begin to experience something new..
Your life gets hectic by the hours
&
gives you back the meaning by the seconds..

You tend to experience a day beyond 24 hours
and nights with your face soaked in Red
and your fingers playing the knots 
like a weaver bird's beak..

Some make you feel High as Him,
Some leave you with the regrets of a killer..

You are what you intend to do,
regardless of its outcome,
whatever it may be.

P.S. everything has been written on a humorous note and to be taken in the same :)
I shall try my best to feed my blog with regular updates :) 


That's me behind the Mask..

Comments

cadhir said…
Nice post da .....Elicits in detail what u are going through.....All the best dear surgeon and add as many degrees possible:-)

Dig into the past

Fly with me...

Just Hate This!

Pricking the Porcupine

Inebriated

The Perfect SPLASH!

Life in a Medico's Shoes