Comfortably Numb

I had encountered numerous occasions, in my short life, when someone would always ask me to talk something and not to be numb like a comatose patient. In the beginning I would just consider their words and try hard to speak something (believe me.. speaking to someone whom I feel uncomfortable is the worst thing to me.. and the comfortable people in my list is too short.. so almost whole population of the universe counts against the meager) but now I just turn deafened ears towards them. Do people understand me? Yes some do. For some, it could be their love possessing their mind trying to activate me. So do I understand? Yes I do to an extent.

Some don’t realize that I am comfortable being numb. They receive a wrong notion that I am pathetic and that I need desperate help. It’s not that. I am damn comfortable here in my shoes and what you are trying to shove into me is what makes me uncomfortable. If I feel like speaking out, I will for sure. I will seek out what I need. I am a Capricorn. That means I am capricious. I am prone to sudden change of mood. From a chatter box to a dumb just by a mere entry of a stranger... this is how it goes...

I came across this piece of marvel while rereading Paulo Coelho's "Like the flowing river". That will speak a lot.Try it. I am going back to my state:)



Because it has lived its life intensely
The parched grass still attracts the gaze of passers-by.
The flowers merely flower,
And they do this as well as they can.
The white lily, blooming unseen in the valley,
Does not need to explain itself to anyone;
It lives merely for beauty.
Men, however, cannot accept that ‘merely’.

If tomatoes wanted to be melons,
They would look completely ridiculous.
I am always amazed
That so many people are concerned
With wanting to be what they are not;
What’s the point of making yourself ridiculous?


You don’t always have to pretend to be strong,
There’s no need to prove all the time that everything is going well,
You shouldn’t be concerned about what other people are thinking,
Cry if you need to,
It’s good to cry out all your tears
(because only then you will be able to smile again)

-Mitsuo Aida

Japanese poet (1924-91)

Comments

Jeya Anand said…
friends...I am trying hard to comment on ur blogs..but this dial-up just wouldn't allow me to...it takes a hell of time to publish a single comment..Will find a way to reach u soon...:)
Keshi said…
**Some don’t realize that I am comfortable being numb.

Im that too...sometimes. And ppl get me wrong. But do I care? NO.

TC Jeya!

Keshi.
annie said…
Jeya you ain't alone. People like me fall in da same genre. I prefer to keep numb instead of indulging in levity and dashes of tomfoolery.
Sharad Mathur said…
i am a capri too .. and i have the same kinda feelings as u do. i guess!!

:)
sharad
Sach1 said…
Great title and b'ful write up...
Liked da words:
It’s good to cry out all your tears
because only then you will be able to smile again!
:))
Jeya Anand said…
Keshi...
ohhh..is it??
That feels good..

Annie...
:):)

sharad...
Capri...thats good to hear man...
so how have you been?? :)
Guess there's a lot of ppl here of my species..:)

Sach...
Thanks...But shouldn,t credit reach Pink Floyd for the title and Mitsuda Aida for the words u mentioned:):)
Anonymous said…
Beautiful poetry. Are you always numb or is this just a passing phase? Either way, it's your life, don't let the perceptions of other people define what you are.
Anonymous said…
like others i guess i feel u r not alone in this..we are not alone..:)

guess the feeling of associativity is something to do..but dont knw how.
often misunderstood..n taken for granted..

well u laos fan of paulo coelho..gr8
but after certain point u feel its highly idealistic approach...anyways thats just a personal opinion..tk bro :)
Anonymous said…
Nice thoughts and lovely words...In some ways I believe we have two selves and very few people actually know our inner-selves and thats where they are mistaken. They mix our outer behaviour with our inner-self which generally is different for most and thats why the un-wanted intrusion in our lives...we all face the same problem but someway have to just live with it...!
Hey man,

So, u back home in TUTI. Dat's cool.
And ya, coming to dis piece. TWas good. And I know quiet a lot abt u anyways!:-)
This comment has been removed by the author.
praveen said…
Me too...im uncomfortable even wit my relatives...they think abt me that im not grown up...I cant speak those formal words wit them...
Anonymous said…
GREAT POST!
Jeya Anand said…
Pravin...
Not always...when mood strikes...its just a kind of cold...strikes occasionally...Yeah its my LIFE...I am the captain...

Dreamcatcher....
yes none is alone..:)
and Paulo Coelho is my Favourite ...:)

Kalyan..
I love this challenge..:)
Nobody knows nobody!!They just guess!!
Jeya Anand said…
Ravi...
hey ya da..I am back in home...one more week here...u any chance coming over here..??

praveen...
I can sense it well..:)

Kaylee...
Thanks kid...

jeya anand...
when are u gonna stop this??:0

Dig into the past

Fly with me...

In our Own selves....

Just Hate This!

Inebriated

The Perfect SPLASH!

Pricking the Porcupine