The Sweat of my Brain


And finally the wait for my results came to an end on the friday evening ,when I was getting ready for another small test the next day .. Abandoning the meager quest in hand , I explored my wardrobe for a lucky shirt and got dressed up and flew down the stairs to my vehicle .. I reached the same cyber cafe where I am typing in now .. The atmosphere was different the other day , buzzing with my college mates anxious to know the aftermaths of what we wrote in 2 months ago;to know what books we would be reading the next 3 months;to know whether the phase II of MBBS occupies one and a half or two years;to know our fate and the destiny;

Our Rajiv Gandhi university is famous for many things but certainly for its website, which loads at an astonishing rate of 0.000001 byte per second !!(Really Sucks) And so we had to wait for ages to get our fates naked before our eyes ..

And when I felt my beard have grown a bit and my nails too , I typed in 04M2476 in the box and clicked the submit button and closed my eyes and prayed to HIM as I always did .. The growth recurred as it did earlier and the page ultimately opened .. My eyes inspected the "PASS" word written next to the name JEYA ANAND and my lungs let in a deep inspiration leading to the expiration of the same volume of air .. I passed with 64.29% !!

These tense moments (hmmm no, ages!!) made me sweat even in the cool air conditioned room .. But there were some months when I had to work by the sweat of my brain ..
Those were days when I lived in the library ;
Those were days when I was buried inside my books;
Those were days when my brain complained of overdose;
Those were days when I lived on a mere slice of bread ;
Those were days when I gulped a cup of tea almost every hour;
Those were days when I preserved every second of a minute;
Those were days when I resisted myself from many desirable things;

Those were hard days but I loved it very much .. The struggle I faced within and the battle I fought outside .. I remember my last exam PATHOLOGY II PAPER, when I witnessed the sun set and the sun rise the next morning noticing that I had never rested in between.. I loved those days .. Exams are clearly exasperating but the way I prepared for them and the marks I own now make the unlovable lovable very much ..
LIFE IS UNLOVABLE WITHOUT STRUGGLES ..

Now the university has worthed me 64.29% (I missed my first class by 0.71%), I believe I am worth more .. When I look at those who are ahead of me , something inside gets obstructed ..
THE THIRST FOR MORE WILL NEVER RESIDE INSIDE ME PEACEFULLY!!

Comments

bornfortheu.s.a said…
i feel marks do not decide who or what i am or am gonna be...failures in exams have become leaders in life...and toppers in exams have become failures in life...
N@nc! said…
i agree with you neo!!!!
N@nc! said…
ops!!! good luck!!!
Jeya Anand said…
#neo
yeah...sometimes...but not always...ultimately its them which decides wat u gonna be ...

#soul&body
thank u...:)
Anonymous said…
thank you for visiting my blog!

and congrats on ur marks!!


although i agree with neo!!!!!
Payal said…
Well said neo.
Thumbs up for Jeya :)
Cheers yaar
Amandeep Singh said…
CONGRATS man...
I have a very very close frnd who did his MBBS 2nd prof...and I can understand how much effort you guys have to put....
Thats a great percentage man...
Great to see you feel good about the hard work you have put and it finally payng off!!!!
Still Searching said…
Wow! Your schedule before the exams sounds exactly like my cousin's, who is also studying Medicine! Infact we just spoke yesterday and she was telling me about how she is living in the library these days, ordering for food there itself since she doesnt have time to go out and eat decently! How do you people manage it?!
Jeya Anand said…
#shammu
Thank u...

#payal
Thanks again

#standbymind
Thanks..Yeah I m elated with my performance...:)

#Ruchika
very true...Thats our life now and even later when we finish ... :) proud to be a medico...

Dig into the past

Fly with me...

Just Hate This!

Inebriated

Pricking the Porcupine

The Perfect SPLASH!

The Best, but Why?